Oct 11, 2021
Good morning y’all! The A Better Way to Farm team is excited to
bring you a series of interviews with real stories of triumph in
farm management and powerful strategies that changed the lives of
our fellow farmers.
For this week’s inspiring conversation, let our guest tell you a
thing or two on his journey towards a promising future of their
next generation’s farmers. Are you willing to make the same changes
he made to turn the wheels around and grow his farm to ultimately
enjoy his goal to have more time for the family whilst producing
Be ready to listen and decide what’s best for your farm! Let’s
take note of some strategies we may apply to boost our farm’s
growth. Let’s go right in! 😉 😉
Episode 71 Highlights
- 00:52 Let’s meet Sam Shanks
- 01:12 Putting some flavour for upcoming
podcast episodes ☆
- 01:52 Let’s hear about Sam’s farm operations
- 03:12 Did Sam pictured himself to be a farmer?
Let’s hear how God works in Sam’s story.
- 03:55 Tyler’s Math tale 😊
- 05:16 Sam’s old fertility program – The
- 06:43 Is cheaper always the best option??
- 08:54 Come 2018….. and 2019
- 10:58 Is it really a lost cause for Sam? Is it
the end for their farm’s next generations?
- 13:36 There really is more to it than just NPK
- 15:01 The Pro Ag trainings and Conklin
- 16:17 A little backstory of Sam when he opened
up an account & all the programs that follow..
- 17:54 Here comes Sam’s turning point for his
farm operations, and the rest is history ✅
- 20:17 The agronomy meeting that had such big
effect on Sam’s life and farm operations 👈
- 22:24 How important is it to get actively
involved in the activities (National Conventions, etc.)❓
- 24:55 Knowing the difference between a John
Deere and a reindeer 😉
- 26:58 Let’s hear Sam’s eye-opening discovery
on attaining yields he never had before 👂
- 29:47 Exciting things have started to shine
for Sam ☆
- 31:37 … and now breaking the goal 👌
- 33:27 So, does the system requires a certain
number of acre farm for it to work? Listen here ß
- 34:56 How does farming less and producing more
profit sounds like? Possible? YES!
- 37:29 Bigger goals for your farm? You have to
do it right, and you have to do it NOW!
- 38:44 Raise the bar for future generations of
farmers 👍 👍 👍
Thank you for joining us on today’s episode. If you’ve enjoyed
listening to this episode, follow us, tune in and share the good
news of A Better Way to Farm
Podcast 😉 😉 😉
Apple Podcasts https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/a-better-way-to-farm-podcast/id1458253683
Listen Notes https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/a-better-way-to-farm-podcast-karen-fitch-zBkIrVpOwMv/
SUBSCRIBE to ensure you’ll never miss an episode! 😉
Would you like to send us a question for this podcast?
Sound out through the comments section!
Meet A Better Way to Farm 💚
We’re a multi-generational family business based in Iowa working
with farmers across the US. We take a hands-on approach using in
depth soil testing, making recommendations down to ounces per acre
of micronutrients. 💰 💰 💰
Doing this helps our clients to become more profitable. If this
is something your family would be open to, then let’s talk. ➡
➡ ☎️ ☎️
Power starts with knowledge. For more golden nuggets, follow us
Happy listening! We’ll see you at the next one! 😉
Missed the previous episode? Here you go:
Could Sulfur Possibly Be an Option For Your Farm? Learn These Tips